I’m a writer, creativity coach, and story strategist. My writing and creative approach reflect the ideas that:
- creativity is an innate gift we all have,
- you don’t have to suffer to create what makes you feel alive,
- you do need to cultivate clarity and practice courage,
- your story, your voice, your gifts matter and they must be shared,
- knowing who you’re creating for is as crucial as creating what puts your heart on fire,
- practice, process, and product are equally important,
- there is a quieter, slower, and more sustainable way to create, connect, and thrive,
- commerce can be as fun and joyful as making and creating if you do it your own way.
Connecting people through stories in life, business, and art is the heart of my work.
My offers focus on helping unconventional women creators at midlife and beyond who want to enjoy the process of turning their knowledge, expertise, and wisdom into intellectual frameworks that are meaningful, valuable, and commercially successful in the second act of life—a fertile stage when we want to reimagine the work we do in the world and we desire to create what really matters more than ever.
“This class is a great way of gathering content for a memoir. I am going to miss this group. What a wonderful experience and a fantastic collection of writers and writing! This feels like the most sacred writing space.”
— JACKEE HOLDER, Executive/Leadership Coach, Coach Trainer & Author, jackeeholder.com
Most of the women I work and create with are introverted and multipassionate—just like I am. My programs are writing-centered because writing is the number-one superpower introverted creators have the capacity to ace.
Occasionally, I provide consulting services to agencies and startups related to audience insights, content audits, and brand story strategy, but collaborating with solo creators and one-person businesses makes me the happiest.
Get the Weekly Story Sparks
Each Sunday, I write and send Story Sparks, my weekly letter, to share my best tips, experiments, and a host of resources on the creative process, writing and publishing with ease and impact, the art and science of story & creative entrepreneurship the solo, sustainable way. It’s totally free and no hype is involved. It’ll transform the way you create and share. Come join 5k+ subscribers!
“Cigdem offers a unique blend of very powerful business discussions cloaked in an amazingly clear-eyed and kind global view. She is fully present, amazingly available, egalitarian, truthful, funny—with a depth of knowledge and resources that are astounding.”
— LIZ CRAIN, Ceramic Artist & Designer, lizcrainceramics.com
How I started and what I offer…
Here’s the gist of my long and layered story! 🙂
I have a background in film studies, news media, and nonfiction publishing and have also translated 33 fiction and nonfiction books into English and Turkish. In 2010, I wrapped up a two-and-a-half-year robust career, packed my entire life into two suitcases, and moved to the U.S.
My 16-year-old son was by my side and the love of my life was waiting (anxiously) to meet us at JFK International Airport.
After a year of easing into life in a new country, I was ready to get back to working and creating. Feeling I’ve had enough of living a Type-A life in the corporate world, I soon decided it was time to follow the entrepreneurial streak that runs deep in my family.
The result was my one-person consulting and education company, which I gave a name that represented everything I wanted for myself in the second act of my life and the other women I yearned to serve and support: Peaceful Triumphs.
Since then, I’ve helped almost one thousand women creatives, coaches, healers, and entrepreneurs across the globe create, connect, and thrive with more joy and ease through my coaching workshops, writing groups, and online classes.
I’m an INFP (99% introverted), incurable bookaholic, Earl Grey drinker, amateur collage artist, Oma to Noah, and lady’s maid to our resident furry diva Mochi-the-cat.
(You can learn more about my background here.)
“Cigdem’s writing community provides a safe space to share my writing. I like reading the various ways other writers respond to the same writing material. The prompts force me to think about the every day and how it relates to bigger issues, my past, and my vision for the future. The writing groups add rigor to my writing practice. They provide an opportunity to create a particular body of work. I have also lately begun to collect the writing I do to self-publish it. I also feel more professional and ready to take my business to the next level. People take me more seriously now because of how I present myself and my business on my website. I appreciate all that Cigdem does and her commitment to empowering other women.”
— LAVERNE ZABIELSKI, Writer & Wearable Art Designer, lavernezabielski.com
Since December 2011, I’ve been running creativity courses, life-writing groups, and brand storytelling workshops for women across the globe from my peaceful headquarters in Central NJ, USA.
- I want more visionary women to tell their stories and get their voices heard in this noisy, extroverted world of ours without feeling burnt-out or icky.
- I want more brilliant women to make a great living doing work they love and get acknowledged and compensated liberally for their ideas and contribution.
- I want more women to lead the conversation and bring their unique wisdom and values to the global table.
- I want more quiet forces of nature to cultivate freedom, well-being, and wealth for themselves and the people they serve.
I offer 1-on-1 services and also work with remarkable women in a community setting in my boutique writing community and growth lab for introverted women writers, artists, coaches, and solopreneurs.
My clients and students bring to life moving essays, remarkable books, winning offers, and thriving businesses with joy and ease through establishing a consistent, enjoyable, high-yielding creative practice, finding and owning their unmistakable voice with confidence, and creating what matters to them and the people they would like to serve the most (without feeling lost, overwhelmed, or out of integrity).
“Before I started working together with Cigdem, I wondered how we were going to pull it all together and how to let go of different offers to make a cohesively branded site. As she guided me to create my strategic business roadmap, I got much more clear on which income streams were most profitable and most enjoyable. I came to embrace the changes necessary to reflect this. It wasn’t easy but Cigdem was firm and patient. I would have never been able to do on my own all the deep digging that Cigdem guided me through. My business is now booming in all directions. Great new clients, speaking gigs, teaching, art. I am so happy. I also get a lot of good feedback about my website. It’s now attracting the avatar Cigdem and I worked with—three new clients who are exactly that!”
— CYNTHIA MORRIS, Author, Artist & Creativity Coach, originalimpulse.com
Get Your Weekly Creative Fuel
Each Sunday, I write and send Story Sparks, my weekly letter, to share my best tips, experiments, and a host of resources on the creative process, writing, publishing, the art and science of story & creative entrepreneurship the solo, sustainable way. It’s totally free and no hype is involved. It’ll transform the way you create and share. Come join 5k+ subscribers!
What you can expect to find in my world…
- A nurturing, supportive, galvanizing community that will transform how you create.
- Genuine connections with other independent-minded women creators (most of whom are introverted).
- Useful, original, step-by-step tools that will actually help you make meaningful progress in your creative life and business.
- In-depth interviews with some of the most interesting, knowledgeable, helpful experts in the fields of creativity, writing, publishing, art, entrepreneurship, and marketing.
- Free resources and events I occasionally offer only to my newsletter subscribers and my inner circle.
- Special invitations, first dibs, and discounts for my writing groups and other programs you might find useful.
- Access to my rich collection of resources, tools and creative network, which will save you time, money, and energy on your creative path.
“I’m in the strategist’s chair every day in my own business, and what I really needed was someone who could give me what I give to my clients: wise, supportive strategy. Working with Cigdem has been one of the smartest investments I’ve made this year.”
— JAC McNEIL, Co-Active Coach & Thought Partner, jacmcneil.com
What you WON’T find here…
- Hype, same old tips, generic resources, or irrelevant offers.
- Random information dump without hands-on guidance, a strategic vision or real connection.
- Just another class or course you won’t complete!
- Writing groups where the leader doesn’t show up or isn’t active.
- Crowded events where you feel lost, invisible, overwhelmed, or neglected.
- Too much happening at the same time without the space for making real progress and bringing projects to completion.
“Cigdem’s community has offered me a welcoming, safe, supportive space to be seen and heard, and the biggest benefit is confidence in myself as a writer. The support and feedback feel authentic, never superficial. I also enjoy the continuity and close bonds with the other members. I recommend this community to any woman who is looking for a circle of support for her writing. It offers the opportunity to be part of a circle; a respectful, caring, honest, and intimate circle. If you are mid-life and introspective, and if you want to develop or deepen your writing practice, you’ll benefit the most.”
― MELINDA COPPOLA, Poet, Artist & Yoga Teacher, melindacoppola.com
Don’t Miss Story Sparks!
I’d love to share with you practical tips and valuable resources for navigating your creative life and solo business with more joy and ease.
The best way to stay in touch is to sign up for my weekly letter Story Sparks—a resource that is guaranteed to spark your creativity, fuel your writing, and amplify your creative life and solo business before each new week. I send one email per week—each Sunday morning. It’ll transform the way you create and share.